Saturday, June 16, 2007

and it begins...


So Christian, my 11 year old stepdaughter is here for the weekend and it's been a while since I got to spend quality time with her. Asjia's hospital episode kind of dominated the whole weekend during her last visit, and the one before that was a girl scout trip. She is suddenly pre-adolescent and whoa lemme tell ya, terrible two's doesn't seem so bad after all! The crazy emotional stuff that starts happening, and the questions, and the desire for the young lady to work her way out of that little girl body...those are scary things! She is becoming such a little woman so fast, at times it is hard for me to switch gears. I go from ABC's and colors to questions like, "what does virginity mean?". I pray that God gives me the grace to manage it all effectively. Either way, she is such a good helper. This morning she let me sleep until 10:00 am!!! She came in and told me the babies were awake at around 9:15 and she changed all of their diapers and went in their room and played with them until 10:00, now that's a sweet reward!

1 comment:

loren said...

She can come visit us anytime and ask all the questions she wants as long as I can sleep until 10!