Thursday, June 14, 2007

Pre-School Panic

So I am sitting here just imagining what I will do with my 6 hours a week when the kids start pre-school in September. Will I grocery shop in peace? Hit the mall, get a pedicure, come home and sleep, have lunch with friends...oh the possibilities.

Then suddenly an episode of earlier today flashes in my mind. Kyle took his diaper off and pooped on the floor within 2 minutes of me taking my eyes off of him. When he ran up to the gate in the kitchen naked I was praying that the other two had not followed his lead. No, instead they were standing around it saying, "eeeeww That's Nasty"...it's always a fine line between frustration & laughter in these situations. What would the pre-school think of that? And what about the pushing and fighting, and stealing of toys? What about the fact that my boys are much more entertained by pushing something over than playing with it, or dumping juice & snacks out rather than eating them? I wonder if they are prepared for my kids?

My kids have an ability to become perfect angels around strangers and Im wondering just how long after school starts will this wear off? Im a little nervous...

3 comments:

Lynne said...

I know what you mean. All 4 of mine will be in preschool in the fall. It was wonderful for my 3-year old and I'm hoping it will be good for the triplets.

3 Peas N A Pod said...

Your kids are adorable! I LOVE the picture of them under your blogger title. After my latest experience at the portrait studio, I am seriously impressed that you have a picture of three toddlers holding hands. I would love to know your secret. It is nice to meet another set of Virginia triplets!

Enjoy your summer!
Kelley (mom of 17 month old triplets -- Gracie, Ellie & Sarah)

loren said...

Obviously our kids are the same age, and it hadn't even dawned on me to put them in preschool. I'm a little slow to make changes sometimes, so I'm wondering if I should look into it! Honestly, I hadn't even thought of it, but now I'm curious :)

I could use some free time!!!

And my kids become angels around other people, too. I think they act particularly naughty in front of us because we bore them and they want to shock us!